April 7, 2017
Black Walnut Cafe will host a Fundraiser Night at all seven of its Houston locations on Monday, April 10 for one of its partners whose family has been affected by a fire. Between 4 p.m. to close*, 15% of sales made during this time will go toward the Sanchez family.
Moises Sanchez, a partner at BWC in Conroe, rescued his family from a fire that consumed their home on March 25. His wife and two daughters were unharmed, but he had to tear through walls to reach Abraham, his 8-year-old son. Abraham suffered third degree burns from his waist up and was air lifted to the Shriner’s Burn Center in Galveston. He was placed in an induced coma during three surgeries, and will need to undergo several more. Moises was also treated for burns but they were not as severe.
“Moises is a hero and we’re thankful he and his family were pulled to safety,” said Joe Brassard, president of Black Walnut Cafe. “As a member of our team, we hold ourselves accountable to help support him. We hope to see a strong showing during our Fundraiser Night so we can make an even stronger impact for this family in need.”
Participating BWC locations include:
• Memorial Drive – 5512 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77007
• Rice Village – 5510 Morningside Drive, Houston, TX 77005
• Vintage Park – 10623 Louetta Rd., Houston, TX 77070
• Sugar Land – 16535 Southwest Freeway, Sugar Land, TX 77479
• Cinco Ranch, Katy – 23233 Cinco Ranch Boulevard, Katy, TX 77494
• The Woodlands – 9000 New Trails Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381
• Conroe – 2971 Hawthorne Drive, Conroe, TX 77303 (*Fundraiser hours will be from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Conroe location only)
Abraham’s school district, Willis ISD, is also hosting a drive to collect items including clothes, toiletries, appliances and food. All donations can be sent to the Willis ISD Parent Support Center, 606 N. Campbell in Willis. All monetary donations can be sent to the family’s GoFundMe page here.